INPE - National Institute for Space Research
General Coordination of Earth Observation (OBT)
Image Generation Division (DGI)
DGI - Image Generation Division is responsible for the reception, processing and distribution of the images acquired by the CBERS, LANDSAT, RESOURCESAT, ENVISAT, AQUA and TERRA remote sensing satellites.
- Process, store and disseminate, in an operational way, satellite data and earth observation images.
- Maintain and improve the systems and equipment for processing of Earth observation satellite data;
- Establish relationships with Earth observing satellite operators, public or private, guaranteeing data availability for the country's interest;
- Guarantee the reception and generation of Earth observing satellite images of the Brazilian Space Program and establish procedures to ensure a wider dissemination of these images;
- Actively collaborate with Brazilian companies to develop national technical capabilities in satellite data reception and processing;
- Maintain, update and ensure broad accessibility of the Remote Sensing Data Center, which houses all of the remote sensing imagery received by INPE, for the national community.