The Aerospace Information Research Institute (AIR)
Station Country: China
Station Website: http://english.aircas.ac.cn/
Station Email: email@example.com
The Aerospace Information Research Institute (AIR) under the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) was established in July 2017, following the approval for consolidation of three CAS institutes: the Institute of Electronics (IECAS), the Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI), and the Academy of Opto-Electronics (AOE).
China Remote Sensing Satellite Ground Station (RSGS) is a major national science and technology infrastructure under AIR. RSGS was established and put into operation to receive and process data from LANDSAT-5 in 1986. In 2000, it started to receive and process data from LANDSAT-7. From 2013, RSGS has received and processed data from LANDSAT-8.
Now RSGS has formed an integrated satellite data receiving, transmitting, archiving, processing and distributing system with Beijing Headquarters as the operation management and data processing centre, and the Miyun, Kashi, Sanya stations as the data receiving network.
The main technical capabilities of RSGS are as follows:
- The data receiving system is capable of receiving satellite downlink data of the S, X and Ka band.
- The data recording system is capable of recording, transmitting and quick displaying satellite data in real-time, with a channel data recording capacity of up to 1.5Gbps.
- The data transmission system consists of three high-speed data transmission links between the Miyun, Kashi, Sanya Ground Stations and the Beijing Headquarters, with a bandwidth of 10000Mbps, 622Mbps, 622Mbps.
- RSGS may set up Virtual Ground Station (SatSee system) for users. The VGS is able to provide users with near real-time, full resolution quicklook images of remote sensing satellite data received by RSGS.
- The operation management system manages more than 30 Chinese and foreign polar-orbiting earth observation satellites, geostationary earth observation satellites, and space science satellites.
Station Organization: AIR
Ground Station Location: Beijing, China
Ground Station ID: BJC
Station Lat Long: POINT (116.8578 40.4508)