Landsat Science Team Measures of Success
The success of future missions will be marked by the complete integration of newly acquired data with past and present remotely sensed data for the purpose of observing and monitoring global environmental systems. Specific Landsat Science Team measures of success include:
- Clarity and innovativeness of scientific research conducted on topics relevant to the Landsat project.
- Productivity and originality of the sponsored science as measured through publications, cited works, and new applications.
- Enhanced science, applications, and engineering capabilities.
- Community contributions to, and acceptance of, future Landsat mission plans.
- Visibility brought to the Landsat Program in a wide range of science and applications forums
These measures provide direct benefits to the DOI, USGS, and NASA as they plan for and implement future missions, and continue to improve the relevance of all archived Landsat data.